Friday, February 01, 2019

POLAR VORTEX

It has been a seriously cold polar vortex week here in the Chicago area. My family has been couped inside the house, just gazing out the window at the serene and beautiful crisp snowy whiteness, the blue skies, the frost inside our window panes. There is a true beauty in this serene and still, quiet cold.
It brought back sad memories though, of two years ago, when at this same time I visited my home in Croatia twice within a week. I remember it was bitterly cold there. It was, in fact, colder there then it was at that time in Chicago. 
Two years ago on this day, my dear dad passed away. I miss him bitterly, as this cold is bitter.
But I can't shake off the light. So crisp and making everything so clear.
Here is some new work I made lately. Sad and happy at the same time.
 Flutter, 22"x30" 
  Flutter, 22"x30"
 Flutter, 22"x30"
 Origin Cloud, 30"x41"
  Origin Cloud, 30"x41"
  Origin Cloud, 30"x41"
                                                                             Origin Cloud, 30"x41"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home