Monday, February 13, 2023

 STORIES FROM MY CHILDHOOD

NIU Art Museum

Last Saturday I visited Northern Illinois University Art Museum with my family, to see the current exhibition “Stories From My Childhood”.


The exhibition explores the darkness, humor or quirkiness seen through the eyes of a child, and I have to admit it took me by surprise to experience so many pieces that cut deep with difficult stores at their core. I have one of my works, from the “Blush Nebula” series included.
Here are a few images of the show, as well as a selection of several personal favorites. 

 

Blush Nebula


 
“I’ve Got My Eye On You!” by Lori Markman

 
“Esta Yuca” by Christian Ulloa

 
“Metamorphic Marianne” by Diane Rickerl
 
“Regalia 5” by Griselda Rosas


 

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home